onsdag 14 november 2007

Day two.



It's snowing outside.

I had some soup for breakfast,I never eat breakfast.

I had a BIG test I was suppose to take today ,but didn't.No reason, other than the fact that I didn't "feel good",I'm NOT sick or anything just not feeling "good".
Maybe it's the weather or the fact that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm not sure what to do.
This time last year we had a big ta-do all planned .Mom was here from the states,S was still home his ex-girlfriend H was here,we had P's mom,aunt and uncle over.It turned out so nice.

This year mom is back home,S has moved off to University and the older folks just don't feel much like socializing.

To me, Thanksgiving (I say this now because I live so far away from my family) is a family thing.
It just doesn't feel the same celebrating with people NOT from the USA.It doesn't mean the same to them and to me that feels strange..Maybe I'm the strange one :)

So for now,we have no big plans..I know I want to keep the feeling alive for Es' sake- she seems to have lost so much of her "American", I know that probably doesn't make sense to a lot of people but its more of a feeling I have, than an actual thing I can put my finger on.
I want to keep that alive and kicking in her!
I've actually never worried about this w/ S.When he's cut he bleeds red,white and blue.

So for now our Thanksgiving plans are still up in the air...
I'll let you know what I come up with!

Until next time,
Mimilou

1 kommentar:

Autum sa...

I know what you mean about Thanksgiving and family. I met my father when I was in my mid 20's. We tried for a while to have a relationship, but it just didn't work. Anyway, I spent one Thanksgiving with his family and it felt so wrong. I couldn't enjoy myself feeling like an outsider.
I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving, whatever you choose to do.