söndag 18 november 2007

Back Home...




Back home after a short 3 day-2 night trip up north.

S was hopping in the shower just as we arrived. (We arrived late due to a four car accident on the highway earlier in the day)

He told us to make our selves at home and pointed out there were drinks in the refrigerator.

About a half hour after we arrived, I was sitting trying to relax.

We were very tired and with the temperature hovering around -12 the decision to order in was unanimous.

I could hear everyone discussing the choices from the online menu of the restaurant that delivered in his area.

Chloe was running around, I can only imagine she had the feeling of being in the movie *Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and finding the Golden ticket*.

Anyway, I was trying to relax, I was really tense and wanting to get the images from the accident, the words to the new Måns Zelmerlöw song, the fact that every time someone walks across S’s floor there’s a loud crunching sound, and the sight of his kitchen out of my head. I wanted NO I needed to relax and NOT think about all of this. When suddenly P crunches-sorry walks up behind me and breaks my concentration by saying

“Tonight we dine in hell” still laying back with my eyes closed I said “Honey it’s not that bad”. The room goes silent, even little Chloe stops munching down on the crunchy bits scattered about S’s floor. I open my eyes to see everyone looking at me and Per pointing to a poster on Sam’s wall from the movie 300 in big bold letters it says

*Tonight We Dine in Hell*. Embarrassed I just sat back and continued to sip on my BOWL of cranberry juice.

His disabilities go way beyond what we first expected, the list now includes washing machines, dish washing, mops and vacuum cleaners .In all fairness, inside his refrigerator was immaculately clean, and his food cabinets, his desk, video games and DVD collection were in perfect order.

I have to say he was the perfect host. He took us shopping and pointed out the things he needed for the apartment, his favorite place for lunch, the warm pair of boots he had his eye on and even helped his dad carry 2 of the 7 shopping bags up 3 flights of stairs. No one mentioned the elevator had been installed since our last visit. (New apartments)

All and all it was a pleasurable weekend and we will miss him terribly.

It sure was hard for us to say goodbye to him this morning…He was snoring SO freaking loud!

You know we love you Bobo!!!

Inga kommentarer: